Friday 20 December 2013

DIY Wooden Headboard

A few months ago, I wrote about my DIY project weekend and I finally have a picture to show you of you one the projects. Here is the link to the original post: DIY Project Weekend.


Design
We wanted to something that was easy to clean, comfortable and had a rustic modern look. I am so in love with Rustic Modern right now. After looking at many headboards (both online and in print), I decided that I wanted one made slatted boards. My husband suggested that we curve the back of the headboard to make it more comfortable to lean against when we read in bed. Once he got my ok on the look of the headboard, he proceed to make up the plans for the bed.

The Process:
It is made up of 1"x 2"x 8' pine boards which we cut to my desired width (65") for our queen sized bed. After we cut the board to size, I then did a painted, distressed finish with some left over paint from other projects. The paint colours I layered were a mid-tone grey and a chocolate brown. The paint was diluted with a little water so it would go on transparent and then before the paint dried I wiped off some of the colour. Once the paint was dry, we proceed to assemble it.

It couldn't have turned out any better. I absolutely love it!

What's your favourite DIY project you've either made or would love to make?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips