Friday 29 November 2013

Great Caribbean Vacation

I'm back!!! My husband and I went to Caribbean for a good friend's wedding. My friend picked a cruise for her wedding festivities and then get married at one of the ports of call. My husband and I decided that my son would have more fun with his grandparents on the farm than with us confined to a boat. It was also our first time leaving him for longer than a couple of hours. He had never even done an overnighter before we left. The first day was a little rough but as time went on I knew it would be great for both us and our son. I also knew he was in great hands as his grandparents have raised four boys of their own and now have eight grandchildren.

Our vacation was great though not as relaxing as I thought it would be as an adult vacation. Even though we didn't have to think about nap schedules and 8 pm bed times we still had to keep a schedule for excursions, dinner times, and making it back to the ship before it left for the next island.  We got to see six islands in seven days. The six islands were Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts and St. Maarten. It was incredible. We also did two excursions: a hike near the Pitons in St. Lucia and Snorkelling in St. Kitts. Both excursions were a lot of fun and the scenery was breathtaking.  We had a great time with our friends but were very excited to see our son when arrived home.

I only have two pictures to share because we misplaced our camera. :(  No worries, I am sure it will turn up soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips