Friday 6 September 2013

Recipe Challenge: Caribbean Coconut Chicken Nuggets

The first recipe I tried on my recipe challenge is Caribbean Coconut Chicken Nuggets from the cookbook "Food Lovers: Round the World Cookbook". I chose this recipe for two simple reasons:  I needed something quick for my son's lunches and chicken breasts were on sale (The Chief Purchasing Officer of our family {That's Me} likes to stay on our weekly budget).

The chicken nuggets were easy, quick and healthy to make. The recipe called for frying the chicken nuggets but I baked them to make them a little more healthier. My 2 year old gobbled them up. I had extra nuggets so froze the remaining nuggets in freezer bags of 10 {what I thought a serving size for 2-3 would be}.

We enjoyed the nuggets a few days later. We simply pulled the nuggets out of freezer and heat up in a frying pan with a little olive oil. They keep in the freezer very well and were just as tasty as the first time I made them.

I give this modified {baking not frying} version of the recipe two thumbs up.  
   
Caribbean Coconut Chicken Nuggets 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips