Saturday 17 August 2013

Recipe Challenge

So it's been a while since I have written about my adventures with cooking and creating recipes. Believe me I have not forgotten about food, although sometimes for weight loss reasons I wish I could. Summer time is usually too hot to cook or we get too busy to spend lots of time in the kitchen creating. Since it's starting to get cooler and harvest time for a lot fruits and vegetables, I am starting to feel like experimenting again with cooking and baking which lead me to this challenge for myself.

Here's My Recipe Challenge: 

Take a cookbook off the shelf and select recipes I want to try.

Once I compiled my list and made a pact with myself to make each recipe over the next few months.

I'll review each recipe and share with you my findings. I want to look for new dished to expand my repertoire and challenge my skill level. {I know I am being very Julie & Julia but it was a great idea. And here an interesting fact for you: Julia Child & I share the same birthday. I'll share my love for Julia Child another time.}

The cookbook I selected for this challenge is "Food Lovers: Round the World Cookbook". The reason I chose this book is that it a selection of recipes from all of over the world.

My Recipe List:
1. Baba Ghanoush
2. Naan Bread with Mango Chutney
3. Sweet and Sour Chicken Salad
4. Noodle Salad with Meat and Nuts
5. Tandoori Chicken Kebabs with Raita
6. Samosas
7. Beef with Black Beans
8. Lamb Biryani
9. Asian Noodles with Pork
10. Caribbean Coconut Chicken Nuggets
11. Baked Cod with Potatoes, Olives and Tomatoes
12. Paella
13. Brazilian Fish Stew
14. Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni
15. Russian Cheesecake
16. Chocolate Souffle
17. Cherry Clafouti
18. Rhubarb and Apple Tart Tatin
19. Mississippi Mud Cake
20. Chocolate Madeleines

Is your mouth watering yet? Mine is. I am so excited to get started and share my toothsome discoveries with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips